Hide the Baseball Bats
It's already been one of those frustrating mornings. I still can't get my RSS feed to work properly and I have absolutely no idea why. Matt can find it using his service, but my posts aren't showing up in Ravelry. I am no coder and quite frankly, I don't want to be. Matt is a coder, but not in HTML. (it's like speaking German, but trying to figure something out in French). So screw it. I'm tried of dealing with it.
Then I tried to put my Adara Chic on my dressform. I hate my dress form. I got it back before I got married (as I needed it to make my wedding dress). The base has broken, so Matt built me a wooden one. Which has broken (so it wants to tip over). Somehow while moving it, it added length to the back waist measurement and I can't get it back to my short little self. It's clunky, annoying and only a B cup. This dress form has absolutely nothing in common with me. I'm thinking about going Resevoir Dogs on it. It might make me feel better.
However, let's focus on the positive. First, let's look at the crappy dress form version:
click to enlarge
As you can see, the Adara Chic is almost done. A few ends to weave in and just the neck and buttonbands, which I'll be doing a crochet edge (ahhh, how we love the crab stitch).
click to enlarge
It is much snugger than my first one, but hopefully not too much so. The sleeves are a little snug for my heavy upper arms... so much that I can't wear anything with sleeves under it. However, I do know that the Adara will grow with wear, and I'm already seeing just by trying it on that the fabric is growing. Of course, it's also not blocked yet.
So some errands this morning. I need to work on some stitch markers too. However, I should have a project finished by tomorrow!