Thursday, September 27, 2007

Adara Chic

The Adara Chic is done... as soon as I pick out a button.

Adara Chic
click to enlarge

It took over 24 hours to dry... considering the 90 degree weather and the high humidity... which I guess is expected... in JULY! it's hardly surprising. So let's do the important stuff:

Project Stats:
Pattern: Sitcom Chic
Yarn: Elann's Adara, color: waterfall
Problems with the pattern: it's a pretty straight forward pattern
Changes to the pattern: very minor. I didn't bind off for the underarm on either the body or the sleeves and grafted them closed. I did a crab stitch (reverse single crochet) edge instead of the knitted bands.
Overall Impressions: exactly what I expected. It's going to be a nice cardigan for me. I do know the Adara will grow with wear, and I planned on that when I knit this. I love how the marled yarn looks with simple st. st. patterns, and this fit the bill exactly. So I give it a thumbs up.


At 6:14 PM , Nancy said...

YEAH! Congratulations -- one more toward your goal!!!!!!!!!

At 6:42 PM , fleecyknits said...

I love it! I may have to put it in my project queue. :-)

At 7:22 PM , Carissa said...

Very very nice! I have yet to make a sitcom chic ... it looks like a sweater that I would actually wear *lol*

At 7:33 AM , sUsAn said...

Beautiful! I'm still chugging away on my *first* sitcom. :)


Post a Comment

<< Home