Thanks so much for all the comments on the angora cardigan! It was a fun to knit project and I'm thrilled with how it looked. Thanks so much for taking to the time to leave a comment!!! My finished Gallery has been updated.
In typical post finished project restlessness, I'm sort of bouncing around new projects. A little of this a little of that, etc. I did a little knitting nest clean up (which has since been re-messed) and frogged a couple of "not working" projects... some socks and the first couple of choices for the Shoalwater that I had just tossed aside as I looked for the right yarn.
I spent Friday working on a Project Linus blanket. I've decided that I'm going to sew blankets for them. It's just so much faster than knitting or crocheting a blanket. One of the ladies in our SnB group is going to collect items for the Dulaan project, so I'll reserve my charity knitting for that. Since I really prefer knitting sweaters to anything else, I'm going to try to get a couple of kids sweaters done before May.
I restarted Matt's 2X2 ribbed sweater. I had originally started it top down, seamless style. Then he mentioned he doesn't like raglan sleeves. Sigh, no biggy (I wasn't very far and I was sorta making up the pattern as I went... which is always dangerous). Instead I'm using a basic dropped shoulder pattern. Simple (read: boring) knit. I was happily knitting along on it, until he pissed me off, so it went back into the closet (oh, like you haven't done that).
So back to me. Hey, I like knitting for me! I'm always available for color selection, fit and encouragement. Anyway, I decided that I really want to get back to the Sunrise Circle Jacket.
If you remember I had started this a while ago. I had the back almost finished, but it seemed like the armhole shaping was HUGE. Well, just about that time we hit The Yarn Gallery in Reading and I tried on their shop sample (which is LOVELY!!). I was making mine the 45". Well the shop sample was the 35" finished size. Apart from the sleeves being too snug (yes, I have upper arm issues), it fit me just right. The darts were in the right spot, it was a good length, etc. So I knew the 45" wasn't going to work.
Well, I cast it back on over the weekend. I didn't frog the orginal, but I think I'm going to have to for mental reasons. Again, all that st. st isn't my favorite thing in the world and I keep looking at that almost finished back and realize that I've got to do it all over again. Sigh. Anyway, the interesting part is the front, so I'll just dig in, do the boring back then look forward to the fronts. Oh, and I decided to do the 37" finished size.
On top of all that, I have about 70 hours invested in Okami. What an indepth game! A good old fashion action adventure that plays almost like an RPG.
Well, I've got lots of things to do today, I just need to decide what to concentrate on!!!!